Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Comment on Al-Haq's "Settler Violence" Report

Al-Haq has a new report out:
 
 
 
and one point I wish to that
 
Attacks by Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank against members of the Palestinian population and their property are an extensive, long-term, and worsening phenomenon. According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the number of settler attacks resulting in Palestinian casualties and property damage increased...
 
I would just like to point out, since I inquired, that the OCHR does not really investigate reported acts in any independent manner and rarely, if ever, sends an on-site team to review and take evidence and challenge the claims made.
 
I am not saying that there is no violence and I surely condemn all such violence.  Nevertheless, what I think happens is that groups like Al-Haq report an act of violence to the OCHR and the OCHR reports it and then Al-Haq, etc. quote as an authoritative source from ... OCHR. 
 
Clever those Arabs.

^

No comments: