Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Conference Is Today

The First International Jewish Bloggers Conference, that is.

Hope to see you all and those who can't be there, hope you see us all (there's a real-time stream broadcast, or whatever they call it at the site).

I'm on at 8PM Israel time.

And note:

I really haven't the faintest idea why I was asked to be on the panel.

My daily traffic isn't stupendous (although I did once, once, hit over 20,000 within 36 hours).

I do not get commented on in any numbers whatsoever.

I don't think I pop up with any regularity at other bloggers.

Not that many argue with me.

I do not write in a very "personal" vein.

While I concentrate on political issues, themes connected with Yesha and media bias, I do try to include Jewish matters, humor, photographs and other weird posts just to be irregular.

I am not single so I lose out on the vast majority of the Jewish blogosphere (I think).

And you don't really have to listen to what I will be saying.

But it's nice to have been invited to a panel even if I didn't make the flight.

1 comment:

Suzanne Pomeranz said...

Winkie - I was planning to be there but an actual WORK meeting is scheduled for the same time, so I'm depending you to lead your panel discussion well, so that if I can get home in time to hear it via the live stream.

Also - your lucid words in report of the whole convention will be, of course, very welcome!

suzanne