Friday, July 20, 2007

Kosher?

Outtakes:I heard about a recent show you performed on a Friday night in Fairbanks, Alaska, where the sun didn´t set. Within your religion, that´s not common.

Matisyahu: It was the first time in my career that I performed on a Friday night because the Sabbath didn´t hit. That was an amazing show. The sun didn´t go down until 2 a.m., so it was cool. There was no rush.


But:-

This is my journey. My initial ties were through the Lubovitch sect... I went to a Hasidic school for two years in Brooklyn. At this point, I don´t necessarily identify with it any more. I´m really religious, but the more I´m learning about other types of Jews, I don´t want to exclude myself. I felt boxed in.


And he's appearing during the three weeks and even the nine days:

Matisyahu opens for 311 on Tuesday, July 17, at Sound Advice Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury´s Way, West Palm Beach.

No comments: