Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Friends

Miriam Shaviv and I are on friendly terms. She edited me when I submitted a few book reviews to the JPost.

So, I was surprised when I saw what she had written over at her new place of journalistic employment:

Madoff's new best friend

According to AP, one of Bernie Madoff's closest friends in prison is none other than Jonathan Pollard (the others are apparently "a reputed Colombo crime family boss"; Madoff's cellmate, a convicted drug offender; and a child molester).

He presumably isn't on such intimate terms with Omar Abdel-Rahman, the blind Egyptian cleric who masterminded the World Trade Center bombing in 1993, and who is also in the same facility.

But here's an idea. Stick them all in a room together, and I guarantee it will be the most-watched edition, ever, of Celebrity Big Brother....



So, I added this comment:-

I do not think it a shining example of professional media ethics to write that two people are friends when you haven't spoken to either of them. I could write more but planting a camera or two in any newsroom would be a much better show, if you ask me.

No comments: