Friday, December 24, 2010

My Comment Has Been Removed from the New York Times' The Lede

The story started here but I'll repeat:

At the New York Times' 'The Lede' blog of Robert Mackey, I left a comment
here.  I suggested that others can leave a comment as well.

Then, I added another, responding to another comment.

And then another.

Mackey was communicating.

But I think I was gaining the upper hand.

And then a friend alerted me to the unfortunate, for the NYT, fact that I had been censored, removed.
The link of that last comment leads nowhere.

This comment of mine was online for 2-3 hours.  But Brian of London informed me it's now gone, #25 is skipped over between #24 and #26 but we have a screenprint shot so you can still read what was published:


Since I had mentioned the Queen of Jordan, that she is "Palestinian" and therefore, perhaps Mackey could agree that at least 50% of Jordan is "Palestinian", I suggested that maybe King Abdullah complained or just Jordan's New York Consul-General.

But all I did was suggest that Mackey's sources, American, and my source, American, were contradictory.  Does a discussion on the makeup of Jordan's demographics bother someone?  The King?  Presaident Obama?  The NYT's editor?  Robert Mackey?

In any case, if you really think my #25 comment is outrageous, vile, mendacious, slandering, plagiarizing or soemething else that would cause it to be removed, let me know.  The policy on editing or, in my case, worse is this:

A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence and SHOUTING.

And, if you agree with me that either the NYT or Robert Mackey is playing with my right to free expression, well, let them know:


Contact Arthur S. Brisbane

E-mail: public@nytimes.com

Phone: (212) 556-7652

Address: Public Editor

The New York Times

620 Eighth Avenue

New York, NY 10018



Thank you.

And someone else, Brian of London, has been thwarted.

^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find your removal odd.

After all, the stated policy if to publish comments so: "Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive"

I don't see that you were abusive and as for on-topic, these two comments, 34 & 39, deal with Jordan as Palestine so is Mackey peeved that you bested him on his "facts"?

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/22/support-for-israels-settlements-from-europes-right/?permid=39#comment39

and

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/22/support-for-israels-settlements-from-europes-right/?permid=34#comment34

david said...

I shared comment on site but that comment had been removed. I were thinking that other are commenting. Netflix Or Lookmovie Compare Differences Reviews I commented 1 hour ago. I think we should know policy.