Sunday, August 28, 2016

She Was in ... Palestine

From a New York Times Book Review interview with one Jacqueline Woodson:

What books are currently on your night stand?

I’m one of those people who will read more than one book at a time — I write the same way. Once I get deeply into a book, the rest have to wait. So right now, having just returned from Palestine, I’m reading Jimmy Carter’s “Palestine Peace Not Apartheid.” Carter was one of my favorite presidents, and I got to have lunch with him last year for The Times’s Table for Three feature. He was as lovely in person as I had imagined, and he’s been such an amazing activist.

...What’s your favorite TV, film or theater adaptation of a book?

“Brooklyn,” by Colm Toibin. I love the book and love the movie. I was just in Palestine with Colm, and now I love the author too.

Where is that Palestine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen any other comments in the media or elsewhere about Woodson's mention of "Palestine"? Have you written a letter to the editor of the NY Times?