Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Medical/Physical Status of Moshe Avitan

If you recall, there was a terrorist drive-by shooting last week...in Samaria and my neighbor was wounded, seriously.

Here's an update from his mother-in-law, an American citizen, by the way.

Dear Relatives and Friends,

I wish you all a shavua tov (a good week). I have been asked to send Moshe Avitan's Hebrew name with all my updates - Moshe Rafael ben Aliza A'isha - so that people new to the list will know what name to use in their prayers. Hence, you will see this name on the subject line from now on.

I'm happy to tell you that there is continued improvement in Moshe's physical condition. He is now walking, eating and talking normally. His nervousness (understandably) still prevails and I think it's going to take a while for him to revert to the happy, outgoing and smiling Moshe that we knew before this attack. Slowly, slowly...

It seems that they are thinking of operating on Wednesday. As I understand it, the operation will be two-fold: (a) to take out the bullet, and (b) to do reconstruction work under the eyes where muscle has been damaged. I will perhaps know more of this tomorrow.

We are in a sort of hiatus period now with information. I don't think that anything is going to change very much, apart from, hopefully, continued improvement, until after the operation. This doesn't mean that we can forget Moshe in our prayers, Psalms and learning. He has still a long, long way to go before he has a complete recovery. So please continue to keep up the good work!!

Thanks,

Ruth

No comments: