I am happy to comply with the request to distribute this widely:
In just five days (July 16-18) the University of California (UC) Board of Regents will vote on the nomination of Sadia Saifuddin, an anti-Semite, to be the University of California Board of Regents Student Member. Your leadership and action is needed to stop this appointment.
Saifuddin, has been active in the infamous Students for Justice in Palestine-SJP (on the ADL list of the Top Ten Anti-Israel Groups in America), and the Muslim Brotherhood's Muslim Students Association-MSA, which is an anti-American and anti-Israel organization (see here, here, here, here and here). She is a leader in the manipulative and fraudulent Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS), whose goal is the destruction of the Jewish state. Eminent academics, including Larry Summers and Alan Dershowitz of Harvard, have described the BDS movement as “anti-Semitic.”
Saifuddin co-sponsored, and was a leading advocate of, the divisive anti-Israel divestment resolution in the Berkeley student Senate, calling upon the entire University of California system to divest from companies doing business with Israel.
A lawsuit filed by two UC Berkeley students details a pattern of harassment and physical assaults by members of Saifuddin’s hate groups at UC Berkeley. These incidents cross the line from free speech to hostility on campus.
A complaint filed by the ZOA documents that Jewish students at the University of California, Irvine are being subjected to harassment, intimidation, and discrimination by Saifuddin' MSA.
The Secretary and Chief of Staff to The Regents claims that the Regents have received "only limited correspondence on this matter.”
Please Take Action to stop this outrageous nomination
The University of California is world renowned institution. Appointing a leader of anti-Semitic and anti-American networks aiming to destroy the Jewish state and basic academic freedoms in the United States, signifies the willingness of the University of California to tolerate and endorse a movement which advocates hate, and pure anti-Semitism in particular. The University of California deserves better!
Let the leadership of the University of California know where you, your friends and your community stand.
Tell UC Board of Regents and California top leaders that their leadership is needed to stop the appointment of a BDS leader with solid ties to Anti-American and Anti-Israel hate organizations.
Tell them you expect them not to:
1. Turn a blind eye to, or legitimize the evil goals and groups dedicated to the delegitimization of Israel and freedom. One of Saifuddin's groups, the MSA, is also anti-American.
2. Approve the nomination of a leader of hate oriented groups that cause so much divisiveness. Inform them that the nomination of a racist and bigot would harm UC’s reputation irreparably.
Please send your message to:
1. Sherry Lansing, Chair of the Board of UC Regents.
Lansing can be reached through:
Please Cc: Cara@sherrylansingfoundation.org
2. The UC Regents - they can be reached through the Regents' secretary: Marsha.Kelman@ucop.edu
3. The Governor of California - see http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php
4. The Lieutenant Governor - see http://www.ltg.ca.gov/m_contact.asp
5. Speaker of the Assembly - see http://www.asmdc.org/speaker/email-john-a-perez