Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ten Years of the Begin Heritage Center

The Menachem Begin Heritage Center in Jerusalem, my place of employment these past 14 years, celebrated the 10th anniversary of its existence at its location on the Hinnom Shoulder (the previous 5 years we were in offices at two different sites).

Guests of honor were the President of the state of Israel, Reuven Rivlin, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, former Minister Joshua Matza and Hart Hasten, Chairman of the American Friends of the Menachem Begin Heritage Foundation.

Entertainment was provided by Amir Benayoun, standupist Levy and two hilarious clips from the team of Shlomo Blass and Gershon Yacobson and collaborationists.









By the time I got home, I had received this excerpt from PM Netanyahu's remarks

"I know for a certainty what Menachem Begin would say about something I have been hearing more and more about in recent days from esteemed commentators in the West.
They are saying that the major powers need to go easy on Iran's nuclear program so that Iran will fight ISIS.
They are fighting ISIS for their own interests. They are fighting over who will be the ruler of the Islamist world that they want to set over the entire world. It is as if Assad would say 'Go easy on my chemical weapons. Give me back my chemical weapons so that I can fight ISIS.' Both are absurd.
Menachem Begin would reject this outright and so do I. Iran must not be allowed to become a nuclear threshold state."

^

No comments: