Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bush on Jerusalem or, Doesn't the Journalist Know His Geography?

Q Does the President agree with Mr. Netanyahu's statement to him, that Israel should remain united under Israel sovereignty?

MS. PERINO: I don't know what -- I don't know, I couldn't answer the question. I haven't -- can you rephrase so I can understand what you're getting at?

Q I'm sorry, Jerusalem, excuse me.

MS. PERINO: Jerusalem?

Q My fault, my fault. Jerusalem, I meant, yes, yes, yes.

MS. PERINO: No wonder I was so confused. (Laughter.)

Q Yes, I'm confused. Jerusalem.

MS. PERINO: That is one of the issues that the President believes is going to have to be worked out once they get through this process of -- the three-pronged process of the negotiations, the strengthening of the institutions and the economy of the Palestinians, and the implementation of the road map. And Jerusalem is going to be one of the issues that they have to grapple with, but he can't impose that on them.

Q Okay.

MS. PERINO: Okay.



Source

No comments: