Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slack and Neglect?

I couldn't find a separate story or headline at the BBC site on the Ashkelon strike.

I searched further and found that the 4th headline of the "Other Top Stories" was one on President Bush story and a few paragraphs in, I found that this is all the violence the BBC web site is reporting at present:

Page last updated at 15:36 GMT, Wednesday, 14 May 2008 16:36 UK [the actual time now is 22:45 Israeli time or 20:45 London]

Meanwhile, a rocket reportedly fired from Gaza hit a shopping centre in the Israeli city of Ashkelon.

...As Mr Bush arrived, at least four Palestinians were killed in Israeli military operations in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian doctors said.


Here's the JPost site report, for comparison:

At least 14 people were wounded Wednesday evening, including a mother and her three-year-old daughter, when a Grad rocket fired from Gaza hit the Hutzot Shopping Center in Ashkelon.


So, first, my apologies to a certain journalist who I informed that there was nothing. My mistake. However, to, pardon the pun, bury the rocket attack as was done and to write that it reportedly came from Gaza (from where else? Cyprus?) is a bit 'not on'. And not to have a "Latest" alert? And not to mention casualties is negligent in my opinion.

Odd, that.

No comments: