Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Weird Arab Thinking

Here is an example of weird Arab thinking on the conflict, by one Jihad el-Khazen:-

...Who said that the land belonged to the Jews in the first place? It would be in line with such reasoning if I claimed, for instance, that I owned the National Ahli Bank then take it over because I said so.

[Try this: Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing should be done which might prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country; and Whereas recognition has thereby been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine and to the grounds for reconstituting their national home in that country;]

Historical facts tell us that some Jewish tribes may have passed through Palestine, and perhaps settled there very briefly. [oh, well, there goes history] Since I am a student of history, I will convey here that I heard from my American professor at Georgetown University, whose name I will disclose along with more details only after I go to Washington and take his permission as he is still alive, although he is retired and is currently an honorary professor.

He surprised me in the beginning of my Middle Eastern history course when he told the students in an auditorium that can take up to one hundred students that the Jews claim that they are God’s chosen people, and that God promised them this land, while the Palestinians say that they have been living in this land for generations upon generations of ancestors and great ancestors, and that they still have their land ownership documents from the Ottoman era. [which is less that 500 years ago; we have archaeological evidence of a Jeish presence going back 2500 years at least] He then paused a little and said that the Jewish claim has no basis in history, as they have no ancient presence there or kingdoms, and that it is the Palestinians who have the rightful claim. The professor then paused again and told us that we now know his opinion, and if there are any among us who do not like this opinion, then they have one week to decide whether they want to transfer to a different class. I told this story to my friend Dr. Hisham Sharabi; however, he passed away and I do not like to quote the departed. I also told it to Professor Michael Hudson, and learned that the professor in the class mentioned above usually gives this same statement at the beginning of his course each year.

The terrorist Menachem Begin told President Anwar Sadat in his speech following the signing of the Camp David Accords: “We, i.e. the Jews, helped you build the pyramids”. I say instead that the prophets who were mentioned in the Quran were different than the false prophets mentioned the Torah, and that I challenge Dr. Zahi Hawass, the Secretary-General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, to find me a single shred of evidence that proves that the biblical Jews were ever present in Egypt.

1 comment:

comprar tablet pc said...

I think everybody ought to browse on it.