Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Quick Update

Well, I've been here in the NY area for just a week now. Have seen relatives and friends and, because my computer access is severely limited (right now I am in the Great Neck Public Library as a guest for 60 minutes), I can't do more than hope my regulars will be patient and will welcome me back in another week. After all, we all do deserve some vacation time, right?

The news I have managed to glean is not encouraging. Government vacillation and weakness. Terror attack in Jerusalem. Continued Qassams while the government announces that the ceasefire is still "holding" (shades of 1984, no?).

Hope to be able to post something more substansive (or is that substantive?) soon.

And if any one else is on vacation, enjoy!

3 comments:

Peter Drubetskoy said...

Not to justify the Qassams (indeed, even Hamas is not doing so), but for the record it was actually Israel that violated the truce first. To its credit it should be said that such violations on Israeli side were clamped down upon fairly soon (on the other hand, Israel could not resist a provocation in the WB, killing an IJ operative: not a technical violation of the ceasefire, but a dangerous testing of limits nonetheless). Hamas also appears to take the ceasefire seriously. Let's hope the warmongers on both sides don't spoil the moment.

Peter Drubetskoy said...

By the way, happy traveling. But, while we are at it and to be consistent with my role of pain in the ass, here is a read for you, courtesy of the Magnes Zionist. It is about two Palestinian women, who, unlike you and I, were actually born in Israel/Palestine and now, thanks to the racist Israeli bureaucracy, cannot return home (these two cases are, of course, only a drop in the see of a systematic policy undertaken to make lives of Palestinians as miserable as possible so that they, ahem, transfer themselves the hell outahea.)

Hcg weight loss said...

The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.