Friday, August 03, 2007

Reviewing Comments at Wonkette

All all remember my contretemps with Wonkette?

If not, here's a roundup and the itsy-bitsy NYTimes reference.

Anyway, I decided to give another look and, thank the Lord, there were some brave people who got good comments in (they, of course, did not include mine).

Here they are:-

BY BUBBE AT 07/23/07 12:33 PM
So it's open season on Jews? Is this just NY or all the US?
BY THE DUDE AT 07/23/07 12:33 PM
Why the blatant Anti-Semitism? It's not only revolting but it helps discredit any valid point you might make.
BY THE DUDE AT 07/23/07 12:33 PM
And why am I the first to point this out? [no, you weren't but they threatened me]
BY DR.DAWG AT 07/23/07 02:25 PM
"Jew-liani?" "Jew York Times?" I thought I'd come to a left-wing site. I used to see that sort of thing in places, well, like this: [www.stormfront.org] [www.stormfront.org] Have you lost your minds? Do we need that kind of vulgar anti-Semitic flourish to drive home the progressive point of view? And here I've been arguing, literally for years, with conservatives who claim that the Left is anti-Semitic. I'd been doing pretty well until now. Thanks a bunch, people.
BY PALEOAMERICAN AT 07/23/07 03:10 PM
Don't blame Booby Jewliani for being out of touch he hasn't dropped by his strategic command and intelligence center located at 7 WTC in quite awhile. [the closet antisemite]
BY JEN06 AT 07/23/07 05:03 PM
One of the great things about this Wonkette post is how beautifully it demonstrates that Jew-hatred exists totally independent of fact. Rudy is not a Jew. The family that owns the New York Times converted to Episcopalianism some time ago--and the paper itself is at best center-disparaging when it comes to issues affecting Jews.
Yet it it seemed good--even witty--to the Wonkette poster (and, one assumes, Wonkette itself) to make these stupid, fact-free name changes.
BY AMERICANA AT 07/23/07 06:06 PM
It took far too long for people to call this moronic poster our for his blatant antisemitism.
BY KHARGUSHOGHLI AT 07/24/07 11:43 AM
I agree with the Dr. Dawg et al. I read about this posting on a loony right blog, American Thinker [www.americanthinker.com] and figured it was just another case of the manufactured scandal about The Daily Kos. Shocked and saddened to see that this time it's true. How the HELL did this posting get on Wonkette? I think the author owes the readers and explanation and/or an apology. And the posters should do a bit of introspection about why this stupid Jew-baiting didn't phase them.
BY ANNOYEDMAN AT 07/24/07 02:04 PM
Talk about "shock and awe"...I am shocked by and in awe of the Jew hatred displayed here, and I am continually amazed at my liberal Jewish friends who blithely countenance this kind of Nazi bullshit from their political fellow travelers. Truly, antisemiticism and Jewish self-loathing are alive and well. What a terrible shame.
BY 9031 AT 07/25/07 02:37 AM
@Hans_Auff:
grow up
BY ELISSON AT 07/25/07 10:15 AM
"Rudolph Jew-Liani"? What, exactly, is your point? This sort of casual anti-Semitism isn't something I would expect to see in an intelligently-written political blog. (And I don't whip out the "anti-semitism" term at the drop of a canard.) I guess I'll have to revise my opinion...that bit about the "intelligently-written political blog" will have to go. Sad.

1 comment:

Soccer Dad said...

Wonkette's not the only left wing site with that problem.