Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Did You Know Shimon Peres Mumbles?

I laughed.

Here's from the official transcript of a press conference today with President Shimon Peres and US Sect'y of State Condi Rice:

PRESIDENT PERES: I extend (inaudible) to the Secretary of State of the United States. Whenever Condoleezza Rice and I (inaudible), it brings hope and (inaudible) and I think maybe this time, more than ever before. It's not a simple proposition, highly complicated, but that's (inaudible) deal with a lot of politics and a lot of patience. (Inaudible) I do believe that the Secretary was able to lead a policy that makes us nearer, more than ever before, to the conclusive chapter of the negotiations with the Palestinians. I think the Israeli people are anxious to see this.

Madame Secretary, we are heading out to (inaudible), which will be on May 2008. I didn't hope (inaudible). And I shall use your good (inaudible) by President Bush to participate in the 60th anniversary of the Israeli state, United States (inaudible). (Inaudible) and thank you (inaudible) to you for the President and it gives us a great deal of (inaudible) to receive our invitation and issue (inaudible). Thank you.

3 comments:

Carl in Jerusalem said...

Maybe he was dozing off again.

YMedad said...

Maybe, but I don't like it when he's awake either.

Anonymous said...

He is not being inaudible. He clearly expresses the way his mind thinks.