Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Another Long-lost Relative?

As you may know, I am fairly sure I am related, okay, convolutedly, to Queen Elizabeth II.

Now, I have another genealogical adventure.

My daughter sent me this blog about lost art and what jumped out?

This:

Dutch commanding general General Henry G. Winkelman surrendered and the country fell under German occupation.  

He was, I learned,

born in Maastricht as the son of Julius Hendrik Winkelman and Charlotte Henriƫtte Braams

Am I related to him?

I doubt it since the possibility of him having Jewish lineage is probably nil.

But, still...

___________________

UPDATE

Claudia Winkelman is paid well.

2 comments:

Thor said...



"Am I related to him?

I doubt it since the possibility of him having Jewish lineage is probably nil."

You are surprisingly ill informed. There were many of Jewish lineage fighting for Germany in first and second world wars.

Just google;

https://www.google.com/search?q=german+soldiers+of+jewish+lineage&oq=german+soldiers+of+jewish+lineage

YMedad said...

Dear Thor,
I wasn't referring to the "many" but to this one person who shares with me the same surname.