Monday, September 27, 2010

Not Even A Minyan (The Required Quorum)

.


A group of Jewish activists set sail for Gaza on Sunday in an effort to defy an Israeli sea blockade...Nine activists from Israel, Britain, Germany and the United States left the port here in Turkish-controlled northern Cyprus with a small quantity of aid aboard their catamaran, Irene, which sailed under a British flag...The group said they were taking a symbolic load of medicine, a water-purifying kit and other humanitarian aid.

Its oldest member is an 82-year-old Holocaust survivor, Reuven Moskovitz. “Israel doesn’t have moral borders,” Mr. Moskovitz said. “I’m going because I am a survivor. When I was in a ghetto and almost died, I hoped there would be human beings who would show compassion and help.”

Rami Elhanan, an Israeli peace activist whose 14-year-old daughter, Smadar, was killed by a Palestinian suicide bomber in 1997, said: “I want to raise my voice against evil and draw attention to 1.5 million people under siege. This is inhuman.”
I know Rami.  His wife is the notorious Nurit Peled-Elhanan.  He's a wonderful man, fair and friendly.  Politics is another matter.  So is his wife.

I am not even going to attempt understanding Moskovitz.


-   -   -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moskovitz is a lecture circuit darling in Germany

until recently he posed as Professor Doctor, the Professor has been successfully debunked, the Doctor thesis can't be found. He received the Aachen Friedenspreis not so long ago.

i.e. the way he has presented himself or has himself let be presented in Germany makes me doubt any claim he makes to anything.

that he is a Holocaust survivor is news to me, until now I remembered about him that he plays the mouth organ and worked as a desert guide in Israel, but of course one doesn't exclude the other.
Silke

http://lizaswelt.net/2007/12/10/aachener-fehlprinten/