Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A Challenge to the Temple Mount Women

I had posted in this blog a fashion challenge for ladies.

But...

UPDATE NOTE:

I received this challenge from the person who produced a headscarf with the Dome of the Rock on it:

I did not give you permission to post photos of my scarf on your website and as the copyright owner of the artwork I'll give you a choice of either purchasing a license to use the photo for $300 or taking the photos down. 

Since I will not pay $300 for someone who advances fashion to highlight Islamic messages, I am removing the photographs which you can see free here.

If you Google "Jerusalem Scarf", the name for her item, you can find a Jewish-oriented item and other Arabic-oriented items (including Ms. Miranda's selling for 186.67 NIS; the original sells from $49 and described as "A sensuous silk crepe de Chine scarf depicting the cityscape of Jerusalem with brown fringe accents. So many uses ! Wear it in your hair, around your neck or use it as a table runner or wall  hanging."). The same scarf is here, too. I hope they paid her.

And the challenge remains for the Women of the Temple:

You can do better, yes?

^

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I appreciate your interest in my art. However I did not give you permission to post photos of my scarf on your website and as the copyright owner of the artwork I'll give you a choice of either purchasing a license to use the photo for $300 or taking the photos down.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Katie Miranda

Anonymous said...

Ahad Ha'amoratsim said:

I looked for the original challenge but could not find it. But I did see that the web site offering the Dome of the Rock scarf also offers a men's shirt that says in Arabic (according to the site, anyway) "Global intifada." How charming.

YMedad said...

Dear One of the Salt-of-the-Earth:
as I explain, I would have to pay for the picture to host it here so I just left the link in place.