Monday, February 20, 2012

Is That Anti-Semitism Just "All Stoned"?

I've read that Oliver Stone's son, Sean, is upset. The young man, engaged in researching a documentary, decided to conver to Islam. In Isfahan. In Iran.

And now, he claims, he has been "experiencing a Hollywood backlash". Which, perhaps, is another conspiracy theme. You know, 'all those Jews there'.

His current name is Sean Christopher Ali Stone.

But is he "all stoned"?

According to the NYPost:

“I’ve already experienced the reverse of anti-Semitism, having people within the film industry express a reluctance to work with me now [that I've converted]...I am sure I have (bleeped) off some powerful people...Having read the Koran and having been around the Islamic culture, especially in Iran, I do believe that Mohammed is a prophet of the same god worshipped by other religions...".

Claiming a Jewish 'bloodline' (his grandfather' Louis, was Jewish and profligate), he went on:

There is such Islamophobia in the West. Islam is not a religion of violence any more than Judaism or Christianity is....I am trying to bridge certain gaps and bring about peace...I didn’t realize I would be so vilified. It is almost like I am a criminal for having accepted Islam. I didn’t realize Islamophobia was that deep.

OMG.

Wait until he finds out the anti-semitism in the Koran.

And his famous last words:

If I can open up a debate about religion and create some understanding, then it is worth it.

^

2 comments:

Juniper in the Desert said...

He has not read the koran, unless it is specially selected - and very few and far-between - bits by cunning mullahs who know a half-wit when one comes rushing through the door!!

Hollywood rejecting him? I thought they would welcome him with open arms!!

Ivy said...

Ali Stone's documentary will probably be mostly religious then? Ali Stone had no comments on the iranian green protest movement which is quite silent since many months. Iranian government certainly wish to show that the green movement do not have a vast approval in the coming election, March 3rd.