Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm Selecting A Blogger to Come Participate in the 2nd Jewish Bloggers Convention

I received this:

Now’s your chance to select a Jewish blogger who will be flying on the Nefesh B’Nefesh charter Aliyah flight on Monday, September 7, 2009 and attend the Second International Jewish Bloggers Convention.

Nominate your fellow blogger with the "Send a Friend" form on the JBloggers.org website and with a post on your blog, and be sure to read the terms and conditions on the site to make sure your entry qualifies.


The terms are simple:

1. To nominate a fellow blogger, you must be registered to attend the convention
(in person or online).
2. The nominated blogger can be located in Israel or the U.S.
3. You must post on your blog who you nominated and why
(and obviously send us the information too).
4. The blogger you nominate does not need to be registered to attend the convention.
5. The nominated blogger must have a Jewish blog
(i.e. about Jews, Judaism, Israel, etc.).
6. The blogger who flies in will be linked up with an Oleh/Olah/Family, and must write a series of posts about that experience.
7. If you want to win, you must find a fellow blogger to nominate you.
8. You can nominate more than one blogger (but don’t go overboard).
9. All nominations must be in by Thursday, September 3, 2009.
10. The NBN flight to Israel is on Monday, Sept. 7, 2009.

Additional terms and conditions

1. The ticket is round-trip JFK-Israel.
2. No ground accommodations or any other expenses are included.
3. The winner will be selected by Nefesh B’Nefesh.

Act quickly!

Stephen Leavitt
WebAds, LLC


I have some bloggers in mind and the first one I'll enter is Pam Geller of Atlas Shrugs.

Why?

I have been in contact with Pamela for over three years now and have found her to be not only a powerful blogger with an independent voice on Jewish and Israel issues but one who has broken news stories, initiated major investigative topics, and acted outside the blogger universe taking on powerful forces. As such, she is an amazing phenomenon of public activity involvement as well as a motivational figure for many of us.

Pamela and I

5 comments:

Thor said...

I'm not a blogger, just a commenter, nor am I jewish though I (and I ask you to believe this) would not object to have jewish ancestry or friendship.

But the reason I ask you to take me into concideration for your award is that I represent a type of confused (and perhaps even hurt and angry because of that confusion) westernes who were raised on Hollywood themed holocaust tv and movies, always sympatising with the jewish victims, only to experience later in adult life reports about that same persecuted race committing a "mini" version of its own suffering on another race, in the land that was supposed to be the race' safe haven of sorts after horrors of the holocaust.

Death ratio was 100 to 1 in last conflict of palestinian jews and palistinian arabs.

Maybe I should blame american tv and not the state of Israel, but I mean, how does this compute?

Thor said...

As long as civilians of Arab decent have fewer human rights by law within Israel than those of Jewish decent then you are in the same position as America while blacks were of lower status than gentiles by rule of law. That is to say in the wrong. I know your neighboring states are racists but does that excuse you for being one as well? If anything I would think that Jewish sufferings gave Jews in Israel the moral high ground, but it has not.
Maybe your idea of being against anti Semitism is to agree to any and all atrocities committed against Arabs in Israel for reason of expansion of Jewish homeland in the "Holy land" But it does not work like that, injustice is injustice even if your far removed relative was killed in a death camp.
And random terrorist acts agains a population is injustice, also by those who are suppressed. Palestinian Arabs should perhaps look to Ghandi. A major strike by all Palestinian Arabs would wield more I think in a year than all terrorist attacs that only enforce the jewish nazis.

Thor said...

I apologize beforehand for using the n word, I know you object to any similarities being made between Jewish Israeli nationalists and German ultra nationalists in their darkest hour and I agree it is not a fair comparison although to me it sometimes seems so in an ironic twist of history type of way.

I have an idea that Palestinian Jews and Arabs should be asked questions in a type of national phone questionnaire, both religions should be asked beforehand what they would like to hear answers to from the other. Sort of forcing the neighbors in your country to communicate indirectly, before you ignite the flame of Armageddon like the right wing Bible belt tele evangelists keep promising us.

YMedad said...

you promise this is your final word?

Thor said...

I promise, I wish you to only recieve comments from those who agree with you. God bless.