Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Metaphor

Here's a clip of a Nancy Ajram song.

In my opinion, this can be interpreted as a metaphor for the destructive and self-defeating Arab position on "Palestine". The "refugees" would rather remain refugees and the terrorists would rather remain terrorists and they would rather lose their chances at economic advancement and academice improvement, among other positive developments.

But, no, they'd rather be the victim and "suffer" for a false dream and unworthy goal in life - to be wedded to "Palestine".

As the song goes:

Law kan da hob ya waili mino
If this is love, my misery is from it
W law kan da zanbi matoub aano
And if I am to blame, I cannot say never again
Law kan naseebi aaeesh fey gerah
And if it is my lot to live in torment
Hayaeesh fey gerah
I shall live in torment




No comments: