Thursday, August 02, 2007

That's a Big 'If'

And also a dumb one.

What 'if'? This one:-

Israel Our Home MK David Rotem says he is ready to do everything to reach peace, including blowing up the Western Wall.

Cohen's answer came in response to a question during an interview with Voice of Peace Radio about how his hawkish party can justify remaining in a coalition with a government who is holding talks with the Palestinians, something his party opposed.
Rotem emphasized that even so-called rightists, in Israel, were pro-peace, adding that he himself would do almost anything to ensure it.

"If they guarantee to me that by blowing up the Western Wall I can save the life of one person, I will place an explosives device near it and destroy it because I am really ready to do everything for peace if I have a real partner for peace," he added.


Why not blow up the Knesset, the Supreme Court or are those scared left/liberal locations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because I don't think he'd need all that much motivation to blow those places up in the first place, so it wouldn't make his point as emphatically.

:-)