Saturday, October 22, 2005

I Disagree

A New York Times' editorial has this to say:-

Mr. Abbas himself must begin to match his words about eschewing violence with actions because that's the only way the Palestinians will ever get the state they so crave.


I disagree.

I think that the Palestinians don't really want a state.

All they want to do is to kill Jews and to deny them a state.

I know that sounds a bit radical. Extremist, even. Alright, a little wacko.

But based on over 80 years of history, I think my viewpoint fits better the actions of the Arabs who wish to be called "Palestinian".

They had all the opportunities to set up a state and even use it t continue to do Israel and its citizens damage, before and after 1948. But, somehow, even if the diplomatic decision to give them statehood was linked to an equal opportunity effort to permit Jews to have a state, it was rejected by the Arabs, all during the Mandate period and afterwards.

Go on, check your history. Try to say I'm wrong.

No comments: