Monday, February 24, 2014

A Media Comment from Alec Baldwin

Now I loathe and despise the media in a way I did not think possible. I used to engage with the media knowing that some of it would be adversarial, but now it’s superfluous at best and toxic at its worst. If MSNBC went off the air tomorrow, what difference would it make? If the Huffington Post went out of business tomorrow, what difference would it make? Arianna Huffington accomplished what she wanted to accomplish. She created this wonderful thing. And what have they done with that? They want clicks, I get it. They’ve gotta have clicks for their advertisers, so they’re going to need as much Kim Kardashian and wardrobe malfunctions as possible. The other day, they had a thing on the home page about pimples. Tripe. Liberal and conservative media are now precisely equivalent.

And

There was a time the entire world didn’t have a camera in their pocket—the first thing that cell phones did was to kill the autograph business. Nobody cares about your autograph. There are cameras everywhere, and there are media outlets for them to “file their story.” They take your picture in line for coffee. They’re trying to get a picture of your baby. Everyone’s got a camera. When they’re done, they tweet it. It’s … unnatural.

Source

^

3 comments:

Thor said...

This is the time to become friends with your neighbour.

Thor said...

Good thing about your blog is that you do not edit it. Big respect for that. I may think you are totally wrong and bordering on faschism like the Israeli military force but I'm free here in this venue to say so and open to you countering my arguments. That makes you bigger than e.g. presstv.com that has not let one of my comments pass for a while.

Thor said...

Sorry, I meant to say presstv.ir