Friday, June 11, 2010

Helen Not of Troy


You don’t think Obama’s going to keep any pressure on Netanyahu?

I don’t think he can. I’ve seen moments like this before, when there was a real rift with Israel. Like when, under Bush 41, James Baker said, “They have my number, they can call me.” They say that, but then the State Department and American officials always go back. I mean, they have a guy like Dennis Ross at the White House now, who’s always been a part of the Israel lobby. They put him in charge of the whole Muslim world.

Is there a chance that the wishy-washiness of Obama and the Democrats might change? Actually, I think they’re finally getting some guts. I really do. I think there’s some courage now being shown. They’re finding you can enjoy doing the right thing once in a while.



Source


And this imagery:


Helen Thomas’ exquisite Weimar moment



- - -


(Kippah tip: AB)

No comments: