Tuesday, June 15, 2010

McCartney Is No Muslim

If you thought Sir Paul's praise (*) for President Obama at his White House performance was, perhaps, a bit of theological empathy, you're wrong:-

Sir Paul McCartney...has admitted he has a Buddha statue in the temporary dressing room that the veteran takes with him from venue to venue...Declaring it his own personal 'Kasbah', McCartney...admitted: ‘I think candles started it and then somebody brought in a little Buddha.



A little Buddha goes a zen way?



---------------

(*)

Upon receiving a Gershwin Prize For Popular Song from the US President Barack Obama, presented at the White House earlier this month, he told Absolute Radio: ‘That was nice, you know. ‘I’ve never met an incumbent president so it was really good. I was very honoured to tell you the truth because I’m a fan of his. ‘You know, I think he’s a great president and to be there getting this great prize and it being presented by him, it was so many things for me.'

No comments: