Friday, March 06, 2009

Guest Post

BT wrote to me:

I have a question for the experts -

Right next to a brief article in my paper entitled "Palestinian man shot dead during rampage in Jerusalem" (which I assume is phrased to make those who merely glance but don't read it think rampaging Israelis shot an innocent Palestinian [again!]), is another one on Sudan and its ouster of aid agencies.

Text is at.

What I am asking about is:

The humanitarian operation in Darfur is the largest and most complex in the world, and relief officials warned of devastating consequences for many of the 4.2 million people in Darfur who depend on outside agencies for services that the central government doesn't provide.

How does the above compare to the efforts of the UN for the Pals, which I have often read is the largest?

Anybody have an opinion?

Shabbat shalom!

No comments: