Monday, October 08, 2007

And To Think I Debated the Fellow

I appeared on a program he presented (here and here)

Dawkins on the power of the Jews

I have just come across the most extraordinary statement by Richard Dawkins. It is right there on the Guardian website without a sentence even questioning it. Here it is:

When you think about how fantastically successful the Jewish lobby has been, though, in fact, they are less numerous I am told - religious Jews anyway - than atheists and [yet they] more or less monopolise American foreign policy as far as many people can see. So if atheists could achieve a small fraction of that influence, the world would be a better place.

So Dawkins, a liberal hero, believes, er, that Jews control world power. And, judging from the Guardian, it is now a part of mainstream debate to say so. Perhaps you think I am over-reacting, but I am a little bit frightened.

Chris Dillow manages some elegant reflections on social proof.

All I can manage is Oh My God.


And almost 200 comments there.

No comments: