Monday, January 02, 2012

Jewish Trivia on CSI: Miami

Jonathan Togo was born on August 25, 1977 to Michael, a Ukranian-Jewish retired graphics designer and Sheila Togo, an Irish-Italian store owner. He was raised in Rockland, Massachusetts, attending Hebrew school as a child and graduating from Rockland High School in 1995.

Togo describes himself as "a little bit of a mutt. My mother is Italian and Irish and my father is Ukranian-Jewish," he says, noting that Togo was originally Tonkaviev, shortened by a grandfather in search of a catchier name for his carpet business. "I was raised as a Jew in a predominantly Irish-Catholic part of the country. We were extremely liberal Jews. I went to Hebrew school but we were middle and it costs money to join a synagogue, money we didn't always have. I was bar mitzvahed at 13 and basically never returned to the synagogue."

Source

^

No comments: