Saturday, January 21, 2012

Assassinate Obama?

Oh, well, at least I'm not this, well, meshuganneh:-

Newspaper publisher apologises for saying Israel should consider assassinating Obama

The publisher of a Jewish newspaper who suggested that Israel assassinate Barack Obama in a weekly column, has apologised. Andrew Adler made the controversial statement in the Atlanta Jewish Times, a paper which serves the Jewish community in Atlanta, U.S. He claimed ordering an assassination of President Obama could be one of three ways to protect the people of Israel.

Mr Adler suggested that attacking Hezbollah and Hamas or ordering the destruction of Iran's nuclear facilities were also a possibility.

In the original article, he said: 'Yes, you read "three" correctly. Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel's existence...Mr Adler has now issued a formal apology...'I very much regret it, I wish I hadn't made reference to it at all,' he said to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency...Mr Adler admitted that he had been an 'idiot' for writing it and said he had put his 'pen in my mouth', according to ABC.

The secret service has said that Adler's comments would be followed up but would not say if a formal investigation had been launched.

Is Atlanta close to where Jimmy Carter lives?

^

1 comment:

Juniper in the Desert said...

I don't care if he is meshuggeneh or not, I agree !!!