Sunday, March 09, 2008

Gideon Levy's "Apology"

His apology:-

This institution, then, was the cradle of the settlement enterprise and its driving force. Most of the students killed in the terrorist attack were second-generation settlers. It should be said again, clearly and unequivocally: Their killing was a criminal act. (An unusual personal comment: On Friday I said in a radio interview, among other things, that the Mercaz Harav yeshiva was a fascist institution; right-wing circles spread a rumor on the Internet that I had said the slain students were fascists. This is not true. In any case, if my comment about the yeshiva offended people in their grief, I wish to express my sincere sorrow and apology).


And the very next paragrpah:-

From Mercaz Harav emerged the rabbis that led the vilest move in Zionist history. Most of the delusional right-wing perpetrators and the mongers of hate for Arabs came from this flagship.


Guess who I think is vile and criminal?

2 comments:

Suzanne Pomeranz said...

So, according to Gideon Levy (and way too many others around the world), these sweet, loving, gentle, G-d-loving, G-d-fearing, Torah-studying Jewish boys deserved to die...

I am, of course, reminded of the wall mural at Yad Vashem - the world has turned completely upside down again - and this time, I don't know if "we" can make it right... only G-d can do that... send Moshiach now, please! I, for one, don't know if I can take any more of this.

Suzanne Pomeranz said...

See also David Wilder's comments on Gideon Levy's article: http://www.hebron.com/english/article.php?id=384

suzanne