Monday, March 05, 2007

Sherbourne

I couldn't believe it.

I read this here:-

A high school in southwest England has come under fire for agreeing to host an anti-Israel event for students on Monday.

Sherbourne High School in Dorset is hosting an event entitled "The Occupation: Up Close and Personal, Living in the Palestinian Occupied Territories.

Scheduled to speak is Sharen Green, a reporter with a local newspaper who has spent time in the Palestinian Territories with the World Council of Churches Ecumenical Accompaniment Program.


No, I could believe that anit-Zionists are all over the place but what struck me as amazing was that this is the school that Betar UK had its first ever winter camp back in 1975.

And how do I know?

Because I and my wife ran the camp when we were emmisaries there between 1975-1977.

The bursar of the school, I found out, had served in Mandate Palestine.

Small world.

No comments: