Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Inside Info on Condi Rice

From the Essence Magazine Interview:

...So one of the first things I wanted to ask is, you
know, there's so much going on right now in the world and many of those
problems then land on your shoulders because you're the Secretary of State. And
so my first question is, you know, I've read that you try to get a good night's
sleep every night.

SECRETARY RICE: I do. Absolutely.

QUESTION: But I'm sure some things keep you up at night. And what is it that keeps you up, you know, at night?

SECRETARY RICE: I really can honestly say that not much keeps me up at night.
Usually by the time I get home and I've been through a long day and -- I get up at 4:30 in the morning.

QUESTION: Every morning?

SECRETARY RICE: Every morning, except -- not on the weekends. On the weekends, I get up at 6:00. But on the week days I get up at 4:30, so by 10 o'clock when I go to bed, I'm pretty tired.

QUESTION: So you don't --

SECRETARY RICE: And I tend to -- I've always been blessed with the ability to sleep pretty well. If there's something on my mind, I will get up and write it down or write down a solution to it or go and sleep on the sofa for a little bit, but I tend to go back to sleep, so --

QUESTION: So you just --

SECRETARY RICE: I'm pretty fortunate. I don't tend to have much problem with getting to sleep.

QUESTION: Wow. Okay. Another question is, who do you turn to when you have something to really talk about or you're struggling with, you know, an issue, or you just really need to talk something through?

SECRETARY RICE: Right.

QUESTION: Who would that person be?

SECRETARY RICE: Well, first, I turn to God. I really am a big believer in prayer. And so if it's something particularly heavy or weighty, I'll pray about it...

No comments: