Tuesday, February 09, 2021

The Khan al-Lubban

I came across an archaeological survey article on the Al-Lubban Khan.

But I noticed something I thought in error.

So I wrote to the author Mahmoud K. Hawari at the The Khalili Research Centre in Oxford.

Dr. Hawari,

I appreciated your article which I have only now come across.

Regarding the "Location" section at the beginning, you place the Khan at the northern edge of the al-Lubban plain.

Having lived in the area for almost 40 years now, having passed it many hundreds of times and even walking by it, my impression is that it actually is at the southern edge, with the plain extending beyond As-Awiya village.

I attach a satellite picture* which shows the Khan at the bottom-left and the plain continuing on to the north.

Sincerely,

Yisrael Medad

*


Incidentally, the village is Lubban e-Sharkiya as there is another Lubban, Al-Lubban al-Gharbi.

Hawari is also the Director-Heneral of the Palestine Museum. Sorry, former Director-General.

If I receive a reply, I will update.

^

No comments: