Monday, February 07, 2011

Hillary Clinton Awards Muslim Brotherhood An Okay For Participation

From her remarks at a "special briefing:

...QUESTION: Secretary, do you think that the Muslim Brotherhood needs to be a part of the dialogue in the transition?


SECRETARY CLINTON: I think that's up to the Egyptians. But what I heard this morning was the Muslim Brotherhood was going in to meet with the vice president. So, clearly, they have made a decision to participate in the dialogue. How that goes, how long it lasts, that's for them to decide.

QUESTION: (Inaudible?)

QUESTION: (Inaudible?)

SECRETARY CLINTON: That -- I am not going to be pre-judging who should participate in their political process. They have to decide who is going to be eligible to run. What we want is to see an inclusive process.

I think she has said 'go ahead, include the MB'.

Don't you?

P.S. And I caught this from another interview:

...do we do business with, do we have relations with, do we support governments over the past 50 years that we do not always see eye to eye with? Of course. I mean that's the world in which we live.

^

No comments: