Thursday, September 06, 2012

Me and That Low-Intensity Conflict

As my readers know, I have been posting Yehudit Tayar's reports on Arab anti-Jewish violence for the past few months.

Well, tonight, I became part of the statistics.

On the way home from Jerusalem, just after leaving Ofra, at about 7:43 PM, just before reaching the pillbox position, the 148 bus I was traveling on was struck by two molotov cocktails, firebombs, or as we say in abbreviated Hebrew baktavim (short for the plural of: bakbuk tav'airah).

The side mirror was completely broken and as I looked out backwards, one bottle was burning on the right side of the road and another had slid across to the other side.

No injuries.  Minor damage.

Death by flagration avoided.

If a private vehicle had been hit, rather than an armored bus, the consequences would most probably have been quite different.

Welcome to the statistics.

^

No comments: